Turkish football analyst Emre Bol has praised Victor Osimhen for proving his critics wrong after a strong start to the season with Galatasaray, Soccernet.ng reports.
The Nigerian striker became the most expensive signing in Turkish football history last summer when Galatasaray paid €75 million to Napoli to make his move permanent. He had earlier impressed during a loan spell, helping the club win both the league and domestic cup.
Even with those achievements, many fans and pundits questioned whether Osimhen was worth such a huge fee. Some felt Galatasaray had taken a big risk by spending so much on one player.
So far this season, however, the 27-year-old has answered those doubts in the best way possible: with goals, hard work, and match-winning performances in both the league and the UEFA Champions League.
Get Our Sports News First – Join Our WhatsApp Channel Now!
Osimhen leads historic European run
Osimhen played a key role as Galatasaray reached the Champions League knockout stages for the first time in many years, scoring six goals during the group phase.
He then delivered another outstanding display in the playoff round, providing two assists in Galatasaray’s stunning 5-2 victory over Juventus on Tuesday night. It was a historic result; the first time Juventus had ever conceded five goals in the competition, and the first time a Turkish club had scored five in a Champions League match.
With the return leg still to come in Turin, Galatasaray now have a strong chance of reaching the last 16.
Emre Bol believes those performances alone justify the club’s massive investment.
“Where are the people who said Osimhen was too expensive when he was bought for 75M€? Was he expensive? He won both matches for you. The guy is currently the best centre-forward in the Champions League,” Emre Bol said as per EnoSports.
Across the league and Europe this season, Osimhen has scored 15 goals and provided five assists, numbers that have caught the attention of several top clubs.
European giants such as Atletico Madrid, Bayern Munich, Barcelona, and Juventus are all being linked with the striker.
Despite the growing interest, Galatasaray are said to be in no rush to sell and will only consider offers above €80 million, confident that their star man’s value is still rising.
